2 rounds – (male & female)
1st Round -Swimwear Round with individual T-walk and quarter turns
2nd Round – Formal wear with individual T-walk
Who’s it for?
This category is especially and perfect for those who are models and who aren’t too muscular or too lean and want to keep their physiques like a model without the extra bulk and muscles as in the Fitness Model and Bikini categories. This is a commercial model competition and those who are too muscular or too lean category will be marked down. models are to have a healthy, attractive look that is marketable in the modelling industry. There is no set look in this class: competitors are judged more by what suits their shape and what is pleasing to the eye. Competitors will be judged on their appearance and physique.
This class is open to competitors of all ages, genders, and levels (min age is 16 years).
The Difference between the Fitness Model and the Model Category
Competitors who enter the Model category are to be less muscular and smaller in size than those who enter the Fitness Model category.
- Females & males are to be fit and toned with an attractive look.
Model category competitors are to be walking in a model walk style, no bodybuilding poses but more model-type posing.
What Judges are looking for:
- An attractive, healthy and fit look that is marketable in the model industry.
- Must have a model physique and not be muscular or too lean.
- A complete package.
- Models with a fit and toned body.
- The ability to pose on stage in flattering ways.
- Great stage presence and confidence.
- Swimwear that suits the model and that shows off their body parts.
- Evenly tanned athletes.
1st ROUND – Swimwear Round Individual walk & quarter turns
Models will first walk individually across the stage in a “T” style to three specific points, turning at each point (in their own style) to show their physique to the judges & photographers from multiple angles. This is your time to show off your individual personality and style! (ladies walk in high heels & men in bare feet ).
Once all models have done their individual walk the host will call out the models in a line to do quarter turns as a group. You will be asked to do 4 quarter turns and athletes may be called out in groups of 5-7 to be compared for placing by the Judges. Models should be relaxed but staying tight and maintaining good posture. Models should not look as though they are flexing.
For “T” walk diagram click here
- Male swimwear must be competing trunks, no surfer shorts or boxer pants allowed. Find the kind of trunks here.
- Female bikinis are to be 2 pieces bikini.
- Bikinis can be of any colour, fabric, style and can be decorated with crystals or rhinestones. Make your bikinis as interesting and as daring as you like.
- Chose a bikini with colours, styles and patterns that flatter and fit your body.
- No G-strings or thongs allowed.
2nd ROUND – Formal wear round
Models are to dress to impress the judges and audience in their formal wear. look as stunning and eye catching as you can, you’ll be marked on your formal wear.
There will be many photographers from fitness magazines and TV crew filming while you’re on stage, so please remember to always smile!